Watch It. Read It. Click It.

Eagles Media Center

Watch It. Read It. Click It.

Eagles Media Center

Watch It. Read It. Click It.

Eagles Media Center

Voice Your Opinion

Do you want 6 more weeks of winter?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Channel-surf over to the CW

Channel-surf over to the CW

On Wednesday, October 10th The CW premiered a show called Arrow. Arrow is based off the DC Comics character Green Arrow. I have never read the comics so I don’t know how faithful it is. The show stars Stephen Amell as Oliver Queen a billionaire who just got rescued from 5 years on an island. He is trying to fulfill his father’s dying wishes to free Starling City from corrupt businessmen.

He then adopts the persona of Arrow. He wears a green hood and uses a bow and arrow, obviously. Amell’s acting is superb and his character is really interesting, but just about everyone else is not as good. They all seem kind of off, believable but off. They also aren’t as interesting as him. The first episode shows him becoming Arrow and stopping a man named Adam Hunt. The plot was a lot like Batman Begins, especially the part when we first see Oliver Queen in the costume. The lights start flickering and all of Adam hunt’s bodyguard start getting arrows in them until only Adam Hunt is left. He then asks “Who are you?” to Arrow, who is sitting on a car. I was half expecting him to say “I’m Batman” it was that bad. The rest of the plot was good though.

All in all Arrow is a good show that shows promise.