Checking in with Mrs. Donovan

Checking in with Mrs. Donovan

Aidan O'Beirne, EMC Staff Writer

How long have you been in your profession?

I have been at Galway for 7 years.  I have been Superintendent for almost 3 months.

What did you do before becoming superintendent?  

I have been a teacher of physical education, a coach of volleyball, track, field, soccer and basketball, an athletic director, a dean of students, an assistant principal,  an associate principal, an interim principal, a director of curriculum, instruction and assessment.

What is your favorite part about being superintendent?  

My favorite part is talking to groups and individuals about our wonderful school. I love working with our staff. I want to make sure our students are successful and getting the best possible education to make them prepared for their college, career, or military and are good citizens.

Do you have any regrets becoming superintendent?

I have no regret becoming superintendent. It was an easy decision since I have been a staff member for 7 years. I know the school , the students, the staff and I am grateful for this opportunity.

On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate Galway School?

Of course my heart has it as a ten, and my knowledge of our school knows that we can get there.

Favorite sport and why?

Definitely Volleyball. I love all sports but definitely volleyball. I love the rule changes in volleyball to make it more spectator friendly. It’s also a favorite because it’s indoor and I don’t have to deal with the rain or the cold. I’ve played, coached, and have been a volleyball official. It’s a big part of my life. Both my nieces played at college level, so I followed them.

Favorite game to play?

I love to play games, but my favorite at the moment is Harry Potter Clue.

Favorite book to read?

I don’t have a favorite but I am currently reading Moral Courage by Rushworth M. Kidder. It talks about doing the right thing though people might make fun of you. Your job might be in jeopardy, and yet you have the moral courage to do what is right.

Favorite movie to watch?

Any Star Wars movie. I could watch them over and over. Then there is “The Dead Poets Society.”  Seize the Day!