Watch It. Read It. Click It.

Eagles Media Center

Watch It. Read It. Click It.

Eagles Media Center

Watch It. Read It. Click It.

Eagles Media Center

Voice Your Opinion

Do you want 6 more weeks of winter?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

It’s that time of the year…the PTSA dance recital and a call for parents to get involved with PTSA

Its that time of the year...the PTSA dance recital and a call for parents to get involved with PTSA

The Galway PTSA dance is having their annual dance recital June1st and 2nd in the high school auditorium. On Saturday, the event starts  at 11:00 a.m. and, on Sunday, it starts at 2:00p.m. Tickets can be purchased the day of the performance for $2.00.

The PTSA dance program starts in September and commences with the annual recital in June. Dancers practice weekly on Wednesday and Thursday nights. The dancers are all students at Galway or live in the Galway School District. The dancers range in age from 4-18 years old. Tap, jazz, ballet and lyrical dance will be featured in the performance.   

The instructor Janet Murphy, a former New York City Rockette, is new to the Galway program this year but has been dancing since she was a little girl. She has experience teaching both the elderly and local youth how to dance.

This year’s recital will honor veterans. The dancers are wearing tee shirts for the finale that show the spirit of the American flag.

This year there are five seniors graduating from high school and the dance program. Many of these seniors have been dancing for 13 to 14 years. All of the seniors have been dancing since at least their freshman year of high school. Come check out the senior number featuring Kelly Phillips, Kristen Houghton, Shania Schulz, Amanda Kondrat and Mariah Hayes.

If you know of someone who has interest in enrolling their child in the PTSA Dance Program, sign-ups occur in September in the elementary cafeteria and the program is very affordable especially in comparison to other local dance programs. 

If you have an interest in helping to support this great program and other PTSA activities, the PTSA is currently taking nominations for their Executive Board.  Check out the attached flyer:  http://www.galwaycsd.org/popup_info.cfm?story=119792