Watch It. Read It. Click It.

Eagles Media Center

Watch It. Read It. Click It.

Eagles Media Center

Watch It. Read It. Click It.

Eagles Media Center

Voice Your Opinion

Do you want 6 more weeks of winter?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Galway Youth Theater Presents Willy Wonka

“Come with me, and you’ll be in a world of pure imagination…..” What do you think of when you see those words and hear that tune? Hopefully you think of the man who made children’s candy dreams come true in the famous musical and movie, Willy Wonka. Never seen it? Well, now’s your chance to come and see it performed by your friends in Galway Youth Theater’s Production of Willy Wonka.

This year was a tough year to get started for the Galway players. Why? Well, they started a little late. Try three weeks late. At first, the players thought they had insufficient funding for the show, but after a petition signed by lots of Galway students determined to do this show, the show went on. For those of you who’ve never been in show or helped with one, you might not know how much time and effort it takes to put together such a big and spectacular show such as Willy Wonka.

“What’s so difficult about it?” you might ask. Well, from the long paragraphs of lines to memorize to constructing the spectacularly big and unreal sets, it’s a long but fun process. It’s tough in any show you do to memorize lines, to get your songs right, to sometimes deal with people you may not like. But in the end it’s all a learning experience.  I’ve learned patience, tolerance, optimism, and persistence. They all tie into having a good show and an enjoyable experience that you will never forget.

So come see this year’s production of Willy Wonka. The showings are on Saturday, November 17 at 7:00 PM and Sunday, November 18 at 2:00 PM.  See an old classic that you know you’ve always loved and love it even more.  It will be an experience you’ll never forget and you will always think of in bad times. You’ll remember Charlie and his family and Willy Wonka’s candy dream. Come support your peers and enjoy a fun out-of-this-world show that will keep you laughing and warm your heart.

Always think positive.  Remember that You’ve got a golden ticket!

View Comments (1)
About the Contributor
Kaitee Horstmann, EMC Writer and Photographer
Kaitee Horstmann is a Senior. She played on the Varsity Girls Soccer team this year and has done Galway High Drama throughout her entire high school career. She is also an anchor and editor for GTV. Her interests are soccer, photography, writing, acting, singing and music. She’s excited to be starting college classes this year and to write more articles for Eagles Media Center. She has been a writer and photographer for Eagles Media Center since her Freshman year and likes to write about student life, local events, and sports events happening at Galway High School. She’s excited for her senior year and hopes to have lots of fun with family and friends before she graduates!

Comments (1)

All Eagles Media Center Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• L

LaraNov 14, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I’d love to go to this. I loved Willy Wonka when I was a kid.

Reply