Watch It. Read It. Click It.

Eagles Media Center

Watch It. Read It. Click It.

Eagles Media Center

Watch It. Read It. Click It.

Eagles Media Center

Voice Your Opinion

Do you want 6 more weeks of winter?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

A former student returned as a guest speaker

Max Morgan came to Galway Central School District on Wednesday, September 26th, to meet with Mr. Swain’s e-commerce and Mrs. Decker’s journalism classes.  Max attends SUNY Albany and he works for the State University of New York.   He assists with the dissemination of information for the State University of New York.  He talked about how and why businesses and organizations need to take advantage of social media   He expressed how important it can be for a business to make use of Facebook to gain more attention.  He said businesses that choose to use Facebook need to maintain their pages, reading what is posted and writing on the wall periodically as well.  Max had said that you want people coming from all angles to your business and Facebook is a great way to attract many people.  Max also showed us how some companies and businesses use Twitter for daily blogs and upcoming news.  He emphasized that businesses need to use social media to develop their influence and accomplish their mission, not just blog about random stuff.  He stressed that organization is everything.

Max encouraged all students present to have an active Facebook and personal Twitter account.  The key to understanding and learning how to use Facebook and Twitter is to just experiment with them.

Max shared a lot of good information and because he knew his topic and how to communicate with a group of high school students (providing us relevant, sometimes humorous examples and handling questions), he was very easy to listen to.

View Comments (3)
About the Contributor
Matt Metzger
Matt Metzger, Staff Writer
Matt is a senior who is interested in the technical aspects of journalism.  He participates in GTV and enjoys the company of family and friends.  He has interest in working in a radio station or television station some day.   He is working on becoming effective and efficient when taking notes so his fact-finding missions go smoothly.

Comments (3)

All Eagles Media Center Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• C

ChrisOct 10, 2012 at 1:08 pm

I enjoyed his lesson. I think it is important to know all job opportunities.

Reply
  • L

LaraOct 10, 2012 at 1:07 pm

I’m glad Max came in. I liked talking to someone who has an idea of a teen’s mind with social media, but also has the responsibility of using social media for a business.

Reply
  • N

nico riccioOct 10, 2012 at 1:04 pm

very informative and a great speaker

Reply