Watch It. Read It. Click It.

Eagles Media Center

Watch It. Read It. Click It.

Eagles Media Center

Watch It. Read It. Click It.

Eagles Media Center

Voice Your Opinion

Do you want 6 more weeks of winter?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Business students win award for most entrepreneurial

Business+students+win+award+for+most+entrepreneurial+

The Galway e-Commerce business students earned the Most Entrepreneurial Business award from ScoresUp Web site. This is the seventh year in a row that Galway business students have received a ScoresUp Web site award.

Business teacher Mark Swain said his business students are always thinking of new entrepreneurial ways to apply lessons learned in class. “At the beginning of the school year, the students made a business plan that won them a class pizza party and beat out all other schools in the ScoresUp contest. The e-Commerce class gives students real team-building experience on what it takes to plan and work an e-business.”

The e-Commerce class is a yearlong business class that works closely with Galway television or GTV and the school newspaper, The Footprint, to form a multi-media experience for all students involved.

Galway students have earned the following ScoresUp awards: 2004-05-Rookie Website of the Year; 2005-06-Most Entrepreneurial; 2006-07-Most Creative; 2007-08-Most Entrepreneurial; and 2008-09-Most Entrepreneurial; 2009-10: Best Website of the Year.

ScoresUp, a curriculum that teaches students about real world e-business, offers an opportunity for students to publish an e-magazine, operate an on-line school store, manage on-line auctions, and promote school events.

View Comments (3)

Comments (3)

All Eagles Media Center Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

• M

Mr. SwainJun 7, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Eric, I will miss your fine business acumen and IT savvy. The Galway Business program will not be the same without your enthusiasm…please stay in touch and consider coming back to be a guest speaker for emc3 or at least college computer applications.

“People don’t plan to fail, they simply fail to plan”

Reply
  • M

Mrs. OJun 7, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Congratulations to the team! It’s hardly a surprise though–what else can you expect from the crew that makes amazing iced mochas!

Reply
  • E

Eric J HoustonJun 7, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Most other schools aren’t as risky as we are though. Without Mr. Swain leading the team each year, alot of the choices that we have made would have fell through!

Reply